Liverpool in talks over the first signing of 2023 with £45m transfer

According to reports, Liverpool is prepared to speak with Benfica about signing Antonio Silva in January.

Source: Web Taduma

According to reports, Liverpool is prepared to speak with Benfica about signing Antonio Silva in January.

Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is finishing his preparations for what looks to be a hectic January. With five stars entering the final six months of their contracts, Liverpool has problems to address throughout their entire team. The quintet is, in fact, qualified to sign pre-contract agreements as of January 1.

The midfield is Klopp’s primary area of concern. Arthur Melo. He was brought in on loan, has not performed well, and is now out until February.

This season, Jordan Henderson and Thiago Alcantara have also both had injuries. Additionally, nobody of them is a perfect 30. In addition, James Milner will turn 37 in less than a month.

The seasoned actor may soon succumb to the effects of old age.

However, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita’s contractual concerns worsen those problems. The two have only made four appearances this season due to injuries, making them two of the five to have expired contracts.

Given this, it’s hardly surprising that one analyst advised the Reds to let them both go on free transfers in January.

Liverpool appears to be close to signing Jude Bellingham to fill the hole. According to Wednesday’s Euro Paper Talk, Bellingham’s family has decided that the adolescent will be moving to Anfield.

And even if his price could exceed £130 million, the Reds will do whatever it takes to sign the superstar.

Bellingham deals, meanwhile, might have to wait until the summer. Liverpool is poised to make one decisive move in the January transfer window, albeit they appear to have money to spend.

While they have other midfielders on their radar, their first acquisition in 2023 is reportedly going to be a defender, according to reports in the Portuguese media.

Liverpool ready to sign Antonio Silva

Indeed, Benfica defender Antonio Silva has been speculatively linked with the Reds. One of the most remarkable talents in Portugal in recent years is the 19-year-old. Because of his growing notoriety, he was chosen for his nation’s 26-person World Cup squad.

He has only played in one game so far, a 2-1 loss to South Korea in the last group encounter.

A Bola asserts that Liverpool are now “concretely interested” in recruiting him.

Additionally, the Portuguese publication asserts that after his World Cup journey, Liverpool will begin severe negotiations with Benfica.

Silva is reportedly asking £45 million, and according to A Bola, negotiations will ‘come alive after the competition.

Although Silva is not among the top 10 most valued youngsters in world football, Jamie Carragher has previously praised him for his abilities.

Speaking following Benfica’s 2-1 Champions League victory over Juventus last month, Carragher was quickly gushing over the young man.

Carragher told CBS Sports:

“The first goal is from that young defender I have highlighted a couple of weeks ago. I told you all about him, and there he is, Antonio Silva.

I mentioned his defensive prowess. But goalscoring there as well. He is going to be a superstar.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *