EA has finally released the full list of FIFA TOTY (Team of the Year) featuring various players from different positions and different leagues. TOTY is one of the most anticipated promos in FIFA 23 which is released once a year. The list contains 5 Liverpool players as well.
Furthermore, the list of nominees contains different players based on their performance at the club as well as the international level. EA divides the nomination into four categories based on positions and a team of the year category. The different positions are Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders, and Attackers.
5 Liverpool players in the nominees
In a year that saw the Reds win the FA cup and Carabao cup and also the runner-ups in the Premier League and Champions League, the team produced 5 players for the list of nominees.
For the Goalkeeper position, Allison Becker is nominated for his outstanding performance with the Reds and Brazil throughout the season. In the Defender category, it is none other than the Reds star defender Virgil Van Dijk which isn’t his first time. He performed brilliantly for his club and as well for his country. The team has been lacking in the midfield and this may be the reason they have no nominations in the midfield category.
Moreover, all of Liverpool’s new front three have been nominated for the list. Their newest signing Cody Gakpo has been nominated for the list who was nothing else than a breakout star last season. Darwin Nunez has also made his way into the list. He may be lacking form now but was quite decent last season and was bought by Liverpool for a massive 75 million Euros.
Lastly, it is none other than the Egyptian King Mohamed Salah. Salah has always been the star of Liverpool’s attack winning the Premier League Golden Boot alongside Son last season.
Premier League players in the FIFA Team of the Year
30 players have been nominated in the Team of the Year nominees in different positions from the Premier League. Let’s have a look at the list of players:
1. Allison (Liverpool and Brazil)
2. Ederson (Manchester City and Brazil)
3. Hugo Lloris (Tottenham and France)
4. Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa and Argentina)
1. Joao Cancelo (Manchester City and Portugal)
2. Thiago Silva (Chelsea and Brazil)
3. Ruben Dias (Manchester City and Portugal)
4. Reece James (Chelsea and England)
5. Kalidou Koulibaly (Chelsea and Senegal)
6. Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United and England)
7. Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool and Netherlands)
8. Cristian Romero (Tottenham and Argentina)
1. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City and Portugal)
2. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City and Belgium)
3. Rodri (Manchester City and Spain)
4. Martin Odegaard (Arsenal and Norway)
5. Declan Rice (West Ham United and England)
6. Bukayo Saka (Arsenal and England)
7. Casemiro (Manchester United and Brazil)
8. Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United and Portugal)
9. Ivan Perisic (Tottenham and Croatia)
1. Gabriel Jesus (Arsenal and Brazil)
2. Phil Foden (Manchester City and England)
3. Cody Gakpo (Liverpool and Netherlands)
4. Erling Haaland (Manchester City and Norway)
5. Harry Kane (Tottenham and England)
6. Dejan Kulusevski (Tottenham and Sweden)
7. Darwin Nunez (Liverpool and Uruguay)
8. Mohammed Salah (Liverpool and Egypt)
9. Heung-Min Son (Tottenham and South Korea)
The final list of winners will be decided by voting by fans and internal voting. So go fast and vote for your favorite players now.