The transfer window closed on 31 august 2021 and Liverpool fans were eagerly waiting for an announcement to be made. Although Jurgen Klopp had made it clear that there is “no need” for adding any player in the current squad.
Since the departure of the Dutch midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, there have been several rumours buzzing in the transfer market for his replacement. However, those rumours never got converted into any sort of facts for Liverpool.
With the closure of the transfer window, Liverpool did have some exits on the deadline day. Thus, Konate remains to be the only player to join the Reds squad in this summers transfer window.
Liverpool Transfer Market Analysis 2021:
Liverpool are never known for breaking records in the transfer market by splurging money in the transfer window. But are well known for their profitable deals via selling players. Let’s have a look at the outgoing players of Liverpool Football Club in this summer’s transfer window.
- Harry Wilson: (£12m)- The 24-years-old Midfielder will be travelling Craven Cottage to join Fulham. Joining the club academy in the early stages of his life, Wilson left Liverpool after 16 years.
- Marko Grujic: (£10.5m)- Featuring in 16 games for the Reds, the 25-years-old midfielder travels to Portugal to join FC Porto.
- Taiwo Awoniyi: (£6.5m)- The Nigerian international will be making his return in the Budesliga. Awoniyi will be joining FC Union Berlin after completeing his 6 years long stay with the Reds.
- Kamil Grabara: (£3m)- The 22-years-old Polish goalkeeper is on his way to join FC Copenhagen. Thus, he will be leaving Liverpool completeing his 5 years spell with the club.
- Liam Millar: (£1.3m)- Joining the Liverpool academy way back in 2016, the Canadian international will now be playing for FC Basel.
- Xherdan Shaqiri: (£9.5m)- The Switzerland international has packed his bags to join the French Club Olympique Lyonnais. Playing a crucial role for the Reds, Shaqiri made 63 appearances for the club. Thus, helping Liverpool in securing a Premier League trophy, a Champions League title, a FIFA Club World Cup and a UEFA Super Cup.
- Georginio Wijnaldum: (Free)- Completeing his 5 years long journey with the Reds, Wijnaldum will now be playing for the French gaints Paris Saint-Germain. Scoring twice in one of the iconic match against Barcelona in the Champions League will alwyas bring back memories of the Dutch midfielder at Anfiled.
- Ibrahima Konate: (£34m)- The French internations joins Jurgen Klopp’s side making a move away from RB Leipzig. However, Konate is yet to make his offical debut for Liverpool. Thus, he remains to be the only singing for the Reds this summer.
Meanwhile, speaking about the players on loan, Liverpool have 7 players who have joined other clubs on loan for this season.
- Van den Berg to Preston North End.
- Ben Davies to Sheffield United.
- Ben Woodburn to Hearts.
- Leighton Clarkson to Blackburn Rovers.
- Jake Cain to Newport County.
- Rhys Williams to Swansea City.
- Sheyi Ojo to Millwall.
While Liverpool might not have made much signings this summer, but they made sure to retain some important players. Making 6 new contract renewals, Liverpool have ensured to secure long term stay of some key players in the club.
Thus, the contract extension list includes
- Alisson Becker
- Trent Alexander-Arnold
- Virgil van Dijk
- Andy Robertson
- Jordan Henderson
While the Egyptian Mohamed Salah’s future still remains in doubt. However, reports do suggest that Liverpool are planning to offer a new contract to Salah, which will make him the highest-paid player in the history of the club.
Liverpool is my Religion and Anfield is my Church. 17th May 1996 the date I had my blood coloured red. The one you love the most you can not live without it and that is football to me.