For some, the massive 2021/22 season is done. But the 2022/23 season is closer than you might think. In 16 days, the new fixtures will be available. Here is the list of some key dates on our footballing calendar.
Liverpool now has 21 players on international duty. They will be playing in a series of ill-timed friendlies and Jurgen Klopp’s dreaded ‘UEFA Nations League.’
Moreover, England will play four matches in ten days, beginning on June 4.
After a long and exhausting season, Jordan Henderson has been thankfully left out of that squad.
Similarly, according to manager Louis van Gaal, Virgil van Dijk will only appear in one of the Netherlands’ four matches.
Although Players on international duty will not have to wait long for the pre-season to resume.
Moreover, Between the end of the international break and Liverpool’s first pre-season friendly – against Man United in Bangkok – there are only 28 days.
And, unbelievably, the new Premier League season begins just 25 days after the first pre-season friendly due to the winter World Cup.
Non-international players will return to pre-season training during the weekend of July 2, at least a week before the match.
It’s still uncertain whether Liverpool will play a local friendly before the United encounter in Bangkok.
Following the two games in Asia, the Reds are scheduled to return to Europe for a training camp. Here the players participating in internationals this summer will begin their preparations.
More friendlies are expected to be announced soon, with the Community Shield — against Man City – set for July 31.
- June 14 – Final UEFA Nations League fixtures
- June 16 – Premier League fixtures released
- July 2 – Liverpool pre-season training begins
- July 12 – Friendly vs. Man United (Bangkok)
- July 15 – Friendly vs. Crystal Palace (Singapore)
- European Training Camp TBC
- July 31 – Comm. Shield vs. Man City
- August 6 – New Premier League season begins
- August 25 – Champions League Group Stage draw
- September 1 – Transfer Window Closes
- September 6/7 – Champions League matchday 1
Because of the shortened season, the Champions League kicks off earlier. With less than a fortnight between the group stage draw and the first matchday of the season. There will be plenty of warning for away fans once again.
The Premier League will take a break starting November 14. Moreover, it will resume on Boxing Day. On May 28, the league’s last game will be played.
Moreover, In June, the FA Cup and Champions League finals will be held.
- August 6 – Premier League begins
- November 2 – Final Champions League group games
- November 21 – World Cup begins
- December 18 – World Cup final
- December 26 – Premier League resumes
- May 28 – Final day of Premier League
- June 4 – FA Cup final
- June 10 – Champions League final
The Africa Cup of Nations, as well as the final rounds of the UEFA Nations League, will take place in summer 2023.
There will be a FIFA Club World Cup held somewhere. But no details have been released. This will most likely happen in the summer of 2023.
The football bubble is going to explode at some point.